University Technology Services provides telephone support for faculty, staff and on-campus students. Phone services are provided by request, and can be made by contacting the UTS Service Desk at 803-777-1800, or email at email@example.com.
Emergency Dial 911
Dial 911 on campus landline phones to call the University Police Department
Emergency Service is vailable 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Harassing or Obscene Telephone Calls
Contact University Police at 7-4215 immediately.
Keep a written log of the date, time call was made, type of call, type of voice, and if you heard any background noises. If your caller ID has displayed a telephone number, write that down in the log. Give this information to University Police.
For a listing of emergency and important phone numbers go to:
Back to top
Campus Landline Telephone Service
- Request for New Telephone Service
- Faculty/staff: If you wish to request telephone service, contact the UTS Service Desk at 803-777-1800, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students On Campus: If you would like to request the installation of land line telephone service for your residence hall room:
What features are available with University Telephone Service?
How much does University Telephone Service cost?
How do I set up/change my Voice Mail
- Log in to VIP
- Click on the Technology link
- Click on "Show me Student Landline Phone Services
- Select the term or semester you wish to order this service
- Choose the links for your service
Telephone Repair Service
- For complete information on setting up and using the University voice mail system,
For all telephone service problems, contact the UTS Service Desk at 803-777-1800 or email at email@example.com.
Please check a few things before calling to be sure the problem is not with your phone unit. There will be a service charge if the problem is found to be with your phone unit.
Directory Listing Policy
- No dial tone, static on the line, or phone does not ring- make sure all phone cords are plugged in correctly.
- Borrow another telephone set and plug it into your wall line - if this fixes the problem then the issue is with your phone unit. If the problem continues, contact the UTS Service Desk at 803-777-1800,
- Voice mail or other phone features do not work - call the UTS Service Desk at 803-777-1800, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of South Carolina provides telephone contact information for students presently enrolled, faculty, and staff. Directory information, as defined in Carolina Community, is obtained from student and personnel records.
If you wish to change, add or delete such information, you must follow the necessary procedures throught the Registrar's Office, University Human Resources, and/or University Housing where applicable.
To make changes online, go to vip.sc.edu, and click on the Personal menu for instructions.
Back to top