University Technology Services provides telephone support for on-campus students, faculty, and staff. Phone services are provided by request and can be made by contacting the UTS Service Desk.
Emergency Dial 911
Dial 911 from any campus landline phones to call the University Police Department
Emergency Service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Harassing or Obscene Telephone Calls
- Contact University Police at 7-4215 immediately.
- Keep a written log of the date and time the call was made and any information about the voice or if you heard any background noises.
- If your caller ID has displayed a telephone number, write that down in the log.
- Give this information to University Police.
For a listing of emergency and important phone numbers, go to http://www.sc.edu/emergency/.
Back to top
Landline Telephone Service
- No dial tone, static on the line, or the phone does not ring - make sure all phone cords are plugged in correctly.
- Plug a different telephone into the wall line - if this fixes the problem, then the issue is with your phone unit. If the problem continues, call the UTS Service Desk.
- Voicemail or other phone features do not work - call the UTS Service Desk.
- For all telephone service problems, contact the UTS Service Desk.
Back to top
- Directory Listing Policy
The university provides telephone contact information for enrolled students, faculty, and staff. Directory information, as defined in Carolina Community, is obtained from student and personnel records.
If you wish to change, add or delete your information, you must contact the Registrar's Office, Human Resources, and/or University Housing where applicable.
For more information about the university online directory, go here.
To make changes to your listing, go to my.sc.edu.