The UTS Service Desk (formerly Help Desk) is your single point of contact for computer, technology and IT-related questions and support. Here's how you can request support:
- CALL: (803) 777-1800, M-F 8am - 6pm
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (from your USC email address)
- CREATE YOUR OWN SERVICE REQUEST: Coming soon!
- HANDS-ON SUPPORT: Students who would like to have hands-on support can visit the iCARE Center.
Starting with the Summer 2012 semester, University Technology Services will begin phase one of a new system called ServiceNow to manage incidents and eventually, customer service requests. An incident is defined as a degradation or loss of service. ServiceNow is based on ITIL practices (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), which helps align IT services with the needs of our customers.
ServiceNow will eventually include a knowledge base that can be used by all University faculty, staff and students.
Back to top
Benefits of ServiceNow include:
- Customer "One-Stop" shopping for products and services
- Self Service incident and problem reporting
- Improved UTS service response to our customers via standardized ITIL-based processes
- Improved management escalation capabilities
- Improved internal incident and problem handling
Back to top
- Incident: A degradation or loss of service
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library): A set of good practices for IT Service Management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business
- Service Desk: The Service Desk is the single point of contact for all IT service-related activity for our customers
General student, faculty & staff support:
For University faculty, staff and students, all service requests can be made to the Service Desk by emailing email@example.com with your official University email address (such as @mailbox.sc.edu, @email.sc.edu, @moore.sc.edu, @usca.edu, etc.). You can also call the UTS Service Desk at (803) 777-1800. Our normal operating hours are Monday -Friday, 8am - 6pm.
Until ServiceNow is completely implemented, students, faculty and staff will not be able to submit their own service requests through the web. Requests should be made via email or phone. (*Note: Emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org that do not originate with an official University email address will receive a bounce-back message.)
Departmental & business contact support:
Back to top
University departmental contacts that use Pinnacle for budgeting purposes may continue to use Pinnacle usage and analysis reports, and Pinnacle billing reports are still available in Data Warehouse.
Click here for access to the Pinnacle departmental portal.