All residence halls, offices, conference areas, and most outdoor common areas of the Columbia campus have wireless access. The wireless network is secure and requires that computer operating system updates are current and that antivirus software is installed and updated.
- Secure access
- Available in all buildings, residence halls, and most outdoor common areas
- Must be a student, faculty, or staff
- Must know your Network Username and password
- Computers must have the latest operating system updates
- Windows users, go to the Microsoft Update site.
- Mac users, click on the Apple on your menu bar, and select Software Update.
- Computer must have a antivirus installed and updated
- Must log in to the network with your Network Username and password in a browser. Every seven (7) days, you will need to refresh your browser and log in to re-authenticate to the network.
- Students should use the secure uscstudent network.
- Faculty and staff should use the secure uscfacstaff network.
- University guests can use the unsecure uscguest network.
- Students, faculty, and staff should not use the uscguest network. Not only is the guest network unsecure, but there are limited connections available.
- The connection speeds on the wired and wireless network are virtually the same. In some areas of campus, the wireless network uses newer technology and is faster than the wired network.
Back to top